You can get free and confidential help from your local Citizens Advice on (note this advice relates to England):
- visa eligibility and applications – including advice on filling in forms (although they might not be able to fill in the form for you)
- chasing up Home Office delays
- getting replacement immigration documents
- problems with coming to the UK or staying in the UK, eg applications for entry clearance, leave to enter, leave to remain or residence permits
- becoming a British citizen (also known as ‘naturalisation’)
If your situation is more complicated, you might need to pay for specialist advice from a professional immigration adviser or solicitor.
Please ensure that an immigration specialist is registered with OISC (Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner) before you ask for their advice.
Tags: Legal Work